There are things you won’t learn on YouTube but only through practice, trial and error. I provide in-person computer & online privacy lessons for residents of Northern Valley (New Jersey) and surrounding towns.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in taking lessons.
Listed below are just a few topics I can cover:
- Mac 101 Lessons (the basics, networking, AirPlay, etc..) with an iMac
- Working with CLI (command line interface) via Terminal app.
- Apple MacPro 5,1 – installing macOS Lion (10.7.5) through macOS Mojave (10.14.x)
- Using Squid Proxy to locally filter your Internet access and reduce noise (trackers, beacons, etc…)
- Installing Windows 10 (build 21H1) on a MacPro 5,1 and/or compatible PC/laptop
- Selling on eBay & Amazon, using ShipRush, shipping with USPS, Fedex & UPS
- Using Apache HTTP to locally or remotely (via a VPS) run a WordPress web site
- Vultr VPS 101 – installing FreeBSD, setting up Apache, mySQL, Squid, DNS/Domain hosting, etc…
- Starting fresh with macOS and/or Windows 10 (full wipeout and reinstalling the operating system)
- Basic computer networking and connecting devices
- Private & local file sharing for family members (using Apache/mod_dav/OpenSSL)
- WordPress security under Apache HTTPD without using 3rd-party plugins
- Transferring files via WebDAV/S (WebDAV over HTTPS)
- Using FreeBSD as a jump host / VPN server using SSH tunnels (forward/reverse)
- Configuring your home router remotely securely over SSH
- Online privacy and being proactive with security best practices
- and much more!